The CSI Colorist Mixer, held in December as a 24-hour, virtual event, was a huge success. It included 26 sessions across diverse subjects and drew hundreds of participants from around the globe.
In case you missed—or wish to see it again—individual sessions are available for viewing on the iColorist website.
- Grading in Hollywood. A keynote address from Mark Tod Osborne and Walter Volpatto, two of the industry’s most accomplished colorists, who offered insight into the state of our profession, and CSI’s role in its future.
- Women in Film. Colorists Junbin Chen, Andrea Chlebak and CJ Dobson joined Sarah Priestnall in a discussion of their remarkable accomplishments and the unique hurdles they had to overcome as women in post-production.
- People of Color Colorist Bobola Oniwura joined post-production engineer John Bleau in examining the lack of black colorists and how to promote change.
- Colorist Salaries. Members of CSI’s German Chapter revealed the eye-opening findings of their global survey of colorist salaries and working conditions.
- Starting a Boutique Post House. Juan Ignacio Cabrera shared his experience in founding the boutique facility, LightBender.
- Meet CSI ANZ. Warren Eagles, Jarryd Hall, Deirdre McClelland, Luciano Marigo-Spitaleri and David Gibson discussed what led them to found CSI’s newly-formed chapter in Australia and New Zealand.
- JZ Speaks. Technology guru Joachim Zell shed light on the latest developments in post-production workflows, ACES and imaging science.
- Tips and Tricks. ICA Instructors Diego Yhama, Kevin Shaw, David Catt, Blake Jones, Yuki Ariandi, Francisco Ramos and Warren Eagles share their top new techniques.
- Technology Demos. SGO, Dolby, Abelcine, Asus, fxphd, Flanders Scientific, Red Giant, Filmworkz and Eclipse Tech showcased their latest tools.
- Charles Poynton on Terminology. The final keynote was an engaging discussion lead by Charles on how people have become complacent in their use of words to describe precise technical and perceptual phenomena.